Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year, New Beginnning



So, it's the New Year, everyone! Officially 1/1/11! How crazy is that? It seems like just a few months ago we were celebrating 2010, funny thing is I can't remember what I did on that night. Probably just sat at home doing nothing like I did this year. 
But this New Years' Eve was different. I called my best friend Jamie and told him that we should video chat when the clock struck midnight so we could bring in the New Year. Well, it ended up being Jamie, Tyler and myself connected to me by a laptop that we celebrated the beginning of 2011. I love talking to these guys, and I am so thrilled to be going to UO next year and getting to spend time with them. We're good friends now, but we have the chance to become besties. For that I am excited.

Taking a look back, 2010 was a pretty good year. I mean, it had it's ups and downs just like every year. Academically it was tougher than years past, relationships wise, it kinda sucked. Theater was wonderful in 2010, I was lucky enough to be cast as Sally in Charlie Brown, and I got a whole lot closer to one of my very good friends, Oliver Mayes. I got my first big job at the Black Rock Country Club working as a counselor/receptionist. I met wonderful, amazing people, some people that I wish I did not meet. But so it goes everywhere right? I met Megan in Coeur D' Alene, we're great pen pals now. She's someone that I hope to keep as a good friend for a very long time. 
All in all, looking at the people I met and the new things I got to do, 2010 was a great year. I want to make 2011 even better. 
Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment