Tuesday, August 30, 2011

I drive you home under the streetlights
because all the stars have gone to sleep
I don't know why I'm so exhausted
you've got me running far too thin


I shouldn't have to work so hard
for something that will never last
you drink the poison that I despise
just filling me up with all your lies


Never thought I'd want to see you go
now I just shove you out the door
don't think of me
you won't be on my mind


I listen to the tapes you made me
songs you sing running through my head
baby just tell me you love me one more time
I thought I was over it long ago


Now I'm not making any sense
thoughts of you make it hard
to separate what I should say
from what I want to say


I think of that Sunday
lying next to you
as we wait for the race
but now I'm the one running
away from the memories of you



No comments:

Post a Comment