Saturday, August 20, 2011

Troutdale vs. Coeur D'Alene

Who would win? That's pretty simple. Coeur D'Alene wins, and here's why:
1. The lake.
I promise, if Troutdale had a lake it would be that much better. There's a really nice path along the way that is great for dates and long walks with friends.
2. The people.
Honestly, the people are pretty much the same. I'm sure if Troutdale had a lake girls would dress even more scantily.
3. Sherman Dr.
The downtown area of CDA is magnificent, I love all of the cute little shops, walking by Java and Wiggetts Antiques (best vintage shop ever!) And Jamm's Frozen Yogurt is just as good, if not better than YoCream.
4. Pretty Scenery
I think that Troutdale and Coeur D'Alene sort of tie on this one, in CDA you can drive out to Black Rock, or look at the lake and it's beautiful. But, here in Troutdale you can drive to Multnomah Falls or hike around some cool places. But, then again, CDA has Tubbs Hill, so... Yeah. Coeur D'Alene wins again.
5. Kid's Camp
The Black Rock kid's camp will always hold very fond memories for me. The people that I've met through work and the kids that I've gotten to work with are some that I hope I'll always be able to keep in my life. I met one of my very best friends through working at Black Rock and I can't wait to visit her this winter!

2 comments:

  1. Blue Lake isn't that far from Troutdale, and this http://www.oregon-rivers-adventures.com/images/Downtown-troutdale.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  2. But, would any sane person swim in Blue Lake?

    ReplyDelete