Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Last Days at Kootenai Camp

I've been here in CDA, Idaho since June 17th to work at Kootenai Kid's Camp at the Club at Black Rock. I've worked at the kids camp for the past two years and it is always so much fun! My last two days at camp were definitely the most memorable. Friday I worked from 8-5 and it was Lake Day! So, at some point when camp opened we would take the kids to the lake and they could jump on the floating trampoline. Well, camp opens at 9am and there were no kids until 11, so we almost had to close camp until Kids Night Out that night. Thankfully, the Senske's and their friend showed up, along with the Mylettes. So, we had 5 kids and that was enough to go to the beach after lunch! Dimitri and I took the kids in the Black Rock van and blasted some tunes on the way. We arrived at the beach around 1:00 and immediately jumped in the water and swam out to the trampoline. As everyone climbed up the ladders kids were already being thrown off by each other and Dimitri. Thankfully, I lasted about 10 minutes before I got thrown off as well. Basically, the next 4 hours were filled with being picked up, thrown off, head shoved under water and pulling kids back up onto the trampoline. It was a pretty fantastic day!

No comments:

Post a Comment