Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Finally Back

So, I've taken a very long break from writing on my blog and I didn't even think about it until someone brought it up. I didn't know I had readers out there, until I heard the complaint.
Well, here it goes, an update.
I met a guy online about a month ago on the website: Datemyschool.com. It's a safe college dating website for college students and I honestly wouldn't have ever thought of joining, because I didn't know anything like that existed. I was in History class one morning and completely zoning out because it was about 8:00am and I was so not in the mood to be lectured on Western Civilizations. I saw a sign on the wall opposite where I was sitting, Datemyschool.com, it said. I thought it was a joke until I looked it up on my iPhone and it was real. I couldn't access the whole website then and there, and I decided to be a better student anyway and pay attention to the lecture. 
Later that day I made a profile and in about 8 hours I was flooded with inbox messages and "views". People who had viewed my profile but had not bothered to message me. One of those messages was from a guy in North Carolina who wanted to talk to me about my ukulele playing. So, I told him that I played, covered songs and occasionally wrote one of my own. I dunno if he believed me, so he wanted to skype video chat and have me play for him. I thought this was so weird and I'd never done anything like this before, but he seemed nice enough so we skyped. I played, he listened and we ended up talking for two hours. I had never struck up conversation this easily with anyone before and it was refreshing to talk to such a nice guy. Now, we've known each other a month, we talk everyday, we've written letters and we skype about twice a week. It's wonderful to have a friend who lives on the West Coast, but at the same time not so wonderful because I can never see him. That's about to change.
On March 30th, there will be a Military Ball in North Carolina and I am invited! This is during my spring break and I cannot wait to go, meet him in person and his family! I can tell that this is going to be a very exciting adventure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment