Thursday, November 17, 2011

Ukelele-ing

Tonight, I went over to the LLC South to hang out with my friends, Joel and Caleb. Caleb ended up leaving Joel and I, like usual, so I told Joel I wanted to record something with him. Joel has an amazing voice and he's an amazing musician. He helped me so much with all of my vocal parts, because, as much as I hate to admit, I just can't hear them like I used to. So, Joel and I decided on Somewhere Over The Rainbow, and boy did I have a hard time with it! I played the uke part and tried my hardest to sing a difficult harmony. Joel had to teach me the parts before hand and then I'd practice and we'd finally sing it with the ukulele. I had a difficult time finding the chords online, so I had to figure them out myself. That's something I'm good at, chords and melody, but not harmony. So, Joel pretty much has the song perfected and I have to practice at it, but hopefully we'll have a pretty decent video up on Facebook or Youtube soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment