Thursday, September 22, 2011

First Day in Eugene

Today I drove to Eugene with my parents and best friend, Amelia. It was a lot of running around and getting done with last minute things, and freaking out because we all wondered if I had enough stuff or too much? My dad helped me load everything into the truck and Amelia and I did some last minute graffiti on the car. Eugene Bound and GO DUCKS! Then I said goodbye to my baby kitty and my doggie and left my home. We started out on the road around 10:00. We wanted to get to UO as early as possible because then it wouldn't be so hectic getting all of my crap into my room.
It took a few hours, a breakfast stop, fabric stop and two rest stops to get to Eugene. Also, mom got lost so that contributed to some time loss, but it was perfectly fine. Amelia and I jumped out of the car on the corner of 15th and Agate so I could check into DeBusk hall, Bean West Complex. I got my room key and we started unpacking. It took lots of rushed minutes to get all of the boxes up to my room, then registering my bike with DPS and getting my laundry card and whatnot. I met some cool kids with YoungLife College and decided to get as involved as I can with that. I also want to get involved with Complex government here at the Bean Complex and maybe run for Publicity Director.
If you were wondering at all how small my room is, it's pretty tiny, but not nearly as mini as I thought.I guess it's pretty cozy. I absolutely adore my roommate's bedspread. I got to meet her today and she seems really sweet. I can't wait to talk to her more and get to know each other.
My parents, Amelia and I went out to eat at TrackTown Pizza after I was all moved in, though not quite organized. Best pizza ever, if you ever want good pizza in an awesome town like Eugene. Then we went to this little odds and ends store, which I cannot remember the name of, but this store has EVERYTHING. And I literally mean everything. Except for food. It was AMAZING. They even had a post office, which I plan on using like crazy because two of my best friends live out of state, one of which lives out of the country. Needless to say, Eugene is one the coolest towns I have ever had the privilege of living in.
Tomorrow is a new day where I will work out, run some errands and basically live it up here and soak up the college experience.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment