Friday, September 23, 2011

Second day on Campus

I got an insane amount of stuff done. I got everything that I needed for my dorm, batteries, lightbulbs, an extra pillow, things you don't really think about until you realize that you don't have them. This morning I woke up and I discovered that I didn't have any shampoo or conditioner. Instant freak out. I had made a point to buy new sh/co before I even came to Eugene just so I would have more. I ended up just knocking on my neighbors door and asking nicely if I could borrow some shampoo. They were extremely sweet about it and I felt a lot less embarrassed.
My dad actually came back to Eugene today, he took me to Target and that's where I got more stuff. We got extremely lost trying to find our way around. It's very confusing because there are a lot of random one way streets and roads that are basically like the freeway. Coburg road=one of those terrible places.
I also had to get my bike fixed today. The brakes were sticking and I had to get some new lights. Walking all the way to the bike store wasn't one of my favorite pastimes, especially when it's about 90 degrees outside. As much as I love the sun, I can only handle a little bit at a time.
So, now I'm back in my dorm getting to ready to skype my Megan, who lives in Montana. She goes to Montana State. We met during my first year at kids camp and I still write her endless letters and we make a point to see each other whenever I'm in Idaho or Spokane. I plan on going to stay in CDA for a week this coming winter break so that Megan and I can hang out and she can show me all of her favorite winter time activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment