Saturday, September 24, 2011

Making New Friends

Last night I was out and about until 2-am, hanging out with my friend Kate that I met in Europe and her roommates. They live in an apartment down by Autzen Stadium and it was really nice being able get off campus for awhile and hang out with some new friends. We watched the movie Bridesmaids and just hung out and talked. It was pretty great. Then, this morning/early afternoon I met up with my friend Lindsey and we walked around getting to know campus a bit and finding out where our classes were at. The buildings themselves are pretty far from the dorm, but they're all nicely grouped together and easy access during the day. My goal was to work out today, but the Rec Center was closed, so that was kind of a bummer. I also picked up my bike from the bike shop and it works nicely now. Then, Lindsey and I got a bite to eat at the Dux Bistro where we had pretty decent wraps and delicious smoothies! YUM.
After wandering around for a bit longer we headed back to my dorm where I set up my printer and coffee maker. As I was doing this I heard a ukulele outside and told Lindsey that someone was playing a uke outside. She told me I was hearing things. But, then I heard the music again and I decided to stick my head outside the window and see where the music was coming from. Then I yelled out, "Play again!" And there the music was again. Pretty soon I heard a voice and the ukulele player was on the floor ABOVE me. So, he came down with his gorgeous Kamaka Tenor uke, with a pick up! The exact kind of ukulele that I want. And we jammed for a little while. It couldn't have been more perfect, we are obviously meant to be. He's from Hawaii and has a girlfriend of two years (dang it.)
Oh well, plenty of time to meet others.

No comments:

Post a Comment