Saturday, September 17, 2011

New Seasons

Going on to college has been my dream since I was in 7th grade. I just couldn't wait to get out, meet new people, learn with people that actually cared about learning and being on my own. I honestly didn't know if this day would ever come. Waiting for high school to be over seemed like waiting on something that would never happen. I got sick of the popularity rush, the need to be "original," the people that would stab you in the back as soon as you got close to them. I was exhausted of feeling like the only person that cared. I wanted to take classes that wrapped up with my major, I wanted to be with people who actually wanted to be in school, and I wanted more in common with the people around me. Now, I'm finally there. I leave for Eugene this Thursday and I couldn't possibly be more excited (or nervous!) I wonder about the people that I'll meet, how hard my classes will be, if I'll be able to find a church that fits me well, will my roommate like me? I can see right now that I am going to love my college experience and I cannot wait for this new season of my life to begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment